Essentially, you need three pieces of hardware to start broadcasting:
- Video camera
- Video capture device
- Elgato Video Capture Device (RCA/Composite camera output only)
- Startech USB3HDCAP USB 3.0 (RCA/Composite/HDMI – laptop must have USB 3.0 ports)
- PC Laptop that meets the following requirements
- Operating system: Windows 8.1 or 10
- Processor: Intel i5 or i7 Processor at 2.4 Ghz or faster
- Memory: minimum 3 GB of RAM
- Hard drive: 160 GB or better at 7200 rpm
- Click here to be directed to a comparable laptop from Dell
If you are just starting, take a look at our Simple Equipment Setup Guide. Also check out the Mid-Range and Advanced Production articles.
See attachment below for full broadcasting equipment guide.