EZ Bridge P2P Wireless Bridge Quick Install Guide
This is a brief quick start guide for the Tycon EZ Bridge 2.4Ghz wireless bridge (also called Point-to-Point or P2P). Attached below is the manufacturer's documentation.
P2P Quick Start
DO NOT connect these antennas directly to a PoE enabled switch, this will damage/fry them!
DO NOT connect to a PoE enabled switch from the LAN port on the PoE injector, this can also damage the antennas!
DO NOT connect power to the PoE injector until ALL cables have been run and connected first.
If connecting to a suspected PoE enabled switch, coordinate with the IT department to make sure that the switch is not PoE enabled or the port has PoE disabled.
- Unbox and inspect for damage.
- Mount and aim antennas ("A" antenna = AP side/School side, "B" antenna = Client/Remote side)
- Run ethernet from antennas to PoE injector’s “PoE” port. Use the ethernet port furthest away from the LED indicators.
- Run ethernet from PoE injector’s “LAN” port to network switch (for "A" antenna) or VPU (for "B" antenna).
- Once all cables are connected, plug in PoE injectors to power on the antennas
- You should hear 1 beep to signal power and shortly after 2 beeps to indicate they have fully booted.
- Antennas are plug-n-play and should now be sending network connection to VPU
Installation Video Guide:
Default Antenna IP’s:
"A" Side Antenna: 192.168.1.139
"B" Side Antenna: 192.168.1.239
There are a total of 6 LED light indicators on the antenna. From left to right, this is what they mean:
Power - Solid green when connected to a power source.
Ethernet - Flashing green when locally connected to another device (from "LAN" on PoE injector).
1. Poor Signal Strength
2. Okay Signal Strength
3. Good Signal Strength
4. Excellent Signal Strength
Installation Guide Photos:
Underside of Antenna (cover off):
Simplified Typical Installation:
The antennas have web interfaces for making any network changes. Please refer to the manufacturer’s guide for how to configure the antennas.
To access the antennas via the web interface, you will need a laptop that is locally connected to any of the antennas. We will need to find the IP of each antenna in order to use the web interface. Tycon has a tool that will "find" the antennas on a local network and allow you to log into the web interface.
Below is a list of needed software on the laptop:
Tycon Discovery Tool: https://tsi.tyconsystems.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=174&Itemid=882
Java Download: https://www.java.com/en/
1. Download and install Tycon Discovery Tool along with Java on laptop.
2. Connect laptop via ethernet to the same local network as the antenna. From the "LAN" on the PoE injector or directly to the open ethernet port on the antenna.
3. Run Tycon Discovery Tool and click "Discover Devices"
4. Connect to the detected EZ-Bridge device with the default username: EZTEAM and password: link4me
Initial EZ- Bridge Startup/Troubleshooting Procedure:
EZ-Bridge Quick Install Guide: https://tsi.tyconsystems.com/doc/UserManuals/8000005_EZ-Bridge-LT+_quick_install_guide.pdf
EZ-Bridge Spec Sheet: https://tsi.tyconsystems.com/doc/SpecSheets/EZ-Bridge-LT+_DataSheet.pdf
EZ-Bridge FAQ Index: https://tsi.tyconsystems.com/index.php?option=com_fss&view=faq&catid=1&Itemid=801