Upon receiving your Pixellot system, it will include a scoring device that pulls real-time score data directly into your broadcasts for viewers to see. You will be supplied with either an OCR camera or a Sportzcast Scorelink device. The OCR camera is used for indoor venues while the Sportzcast Scorelink device is used for outdoor venues.
For a complete list of what is included in your scoring device package, click here.
Installing Your OCR Camera
The OCR camera is one of the scoring devices that can be used to bring live scoreboard data into your Pixellot broadcasts. If you were provided with this scoring device in your Pixellot shipment, follow the steps below to install your OCR camera.
Contents of OCR Camera Kit:
1. OCR camera and Mounting Plate
2. Mounting Arm
3. Cat6 Cable
- Secure the mounting arm to a wall that has a good view of your Scoreboard with mounting screws (not included).
- Attach the OCR camera to the mounting arm by screwing it on until tight -- do not over tighten. Once attached, aim the camera at your scoreboard.
- Plug one end of the Cat6 cable into the back of the camera.
- Plug the other end of the Cat6 cable into an open port on your Pixellot computer. The port's LED light will light up when a connection is registered.
Installing your Sportzcast Scorelink Device
The Sportzcast Scorelink device is our other provided option used to bring live scoreboard data into your Pixellot broadcasts. If you were provided with this scoring device in your Pixellot shipment, follow the steps below to install your Sportzcast Scorelink device.
- Locate the 'Scoreboard' input on your Sportzcast Scorelink device.
- Once located, plug the serial adapter provided into the 'Scoreboard' input located on your Sportzcast Scorelink device. Tighten the screws on each side of the serial adapter to make sure it does not disconnect during your stream.
- Grab the quarter-inch adapter at the other end of the cable that is plugged into the 'Scoreboard' input and plug that into your scoreboard controller. If your scoreboard is far enough away that this cable does not reach, you may have been provided with an extension cable in your scoring device package.
- After you have connected the Sportzcast Scorelink device to your scoreboard controller, locate the 'USB' input on the Sportzcast Scorelink device and plug in the USB cable provided in your scoring package into that input.
- Locate the other end of the USB cable connected into the 'USB' input and plug that into any of the USB ports located on the back of your Pixellot computer.
- You can now create a test stream to confirm that the correct scores are being displayed on the event. Click here to learn how to create a test event for your Pixellot camera.
To view a step-by-step instructional video on how to connect your Sportzcast Scorelink device, click on the video below:
*You may have a Sportzcast Scorelink II instead of a Sportzcast Scorelink I. If you have a Scorelink II, the instructions above still apply.